The certification for Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester (CTFL-AT) is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so, The certification provides the necessary information for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
An Agile Tester can…
· Collaborate in across-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
· Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles.
· Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities.
· Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
· Assist the Agile team in test automation activities.
· Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria as appropriate.
· Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
In general, a Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester is expected to have acquired the necessary skills to working effectively within an Agile team and environment.
The Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester qualification is aimed at professionals who are interested in understanding the testers role in an Agile environment, and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in Agile projects.
These professionals include people who are in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
This Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester certification may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
To be able to participate in a Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester exam, candidates must have obtained the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate.
The examination is a one hour exam, consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. To gain the Foundation Level Certification, a delegate must get at least 26 marks.